Topic: how contribute whith new driver RC522

Hello, I am new to this forum and new to libnfc.
I have in my possession a NXP RC522 chip, I learned to use it and I would like to contribute by developing a driver for libnfc.
Currently I'm using windows, I downloaded the source but I have a hard time leaving it running within a C IDE without success.
It is better to work in linux?

I need some advice on how to start and to properly configure my environment to run tests directly to the driver without having to compile the whole project.
You use any IDE? as you prepare your work environment?. any help or advice is welcome.

PS: excuse my English, it is thanks to google traslator: p

Regards,

Re: how contribute whith new driver RC522

Hello g3mu,

g3mu wrote:

Hello, I am new to this forum and new to libnfc.

So, welcome !

g3mu wrote:

I have in my possession a NXP RC522 chip, I learned to use it and I would like to contribute by developing a driver for libnfc.

This chip is not able to do real NFC, it can act as initiator but not as target so not able to do some P2P.
Nevertheless, you can contribute a driver to be able to use it as ISO14443 reader.

g3mu wrote:

Currently I'm using windows, I downloaded the source but I have a hard time leaving it running within a C IDE without success.
It is better to work in linux?

There is some contributors that work under windows but core team actually use ~POSIX systems : Linux/BSD/MacOS.
So, if you jump to Linux to develop you will probably find more help from active contributors.

g3mu wrote:

I need some advice on how to start and to properly configure my environment to run tests directly to the driver without having to compile the whole project.
You use any IDE? as you prepare your work environment?. any help or advice is welcome.

You can use any IDE you want, or you can also work without anyone...
Libnfc can be compiled using CMake or Autotools build system.

Romuald Conty