Topic: P2P on android

hi
I am trying to figure out how the data flow from the application layer to the physical  layer on android and which protocol does the transportation use to send the data to the same layer on the remote target,but I've met a lot of problems,and stay stagnant,does anyone can tell me the data transportation procedure or tell me the way to figure it out?
  regards

Re: P2P on android

Hi,

At first, a recall of important point: to send a content from/to Android (or other NFC-Forum compliant), the content (URL, vCard, Text, etc.) should be encoded in a NDEF¹ format.

During the communication between 2 devices, they poll for NFCIP connexion. Once connected, the software layer is ensured by LLCP². LLCP is a specification that offers a service-based protocol that could be compared to the network socket-system basics : one service (ie. in network FTP, in NFC SNEP³ or NPP⁴) affected to one port (ie. in network 21 for FTP, in NFC 4 for SNEP).

When LLCP communication is established, one of the devices will ask for SNEP service on Android 4.x.x and for NPP service on Android 2.3.x on the target.

With this short explanation, you should oriented to understand basics, for further details you should read according specifications.

[1] NDEF: NFC Data Exchange Format
[2] LLCP: Logical Link Control Protocol
[3] SNEP: Simple NDEF Exchange Protocol
[4] NPP: Android NDEF Push Protocol

Romuald Conty

Re: P2P on android

rconty wrote:

Hi,

At first, a recall of important point: to send a content from/to Android (or other NFC-Forum compliant), the content (URL, vCard, Text, etc.) should be encoded in a NDEF¹ format.

During the communication between 2 devices, they poll for NFCIP connexion. Once connected, the software layer is ensured by LLCP². LLCP is a specification that offers a service-based protocol that could be compared to the network socket-system basics : one service (ie. in network FTP, in NFC SNEP³ or NPP⁴) affected to one port (ie. in network 21 for FTP, in NFC 4 for SNEP).

When LLCP communication is established, one of the devices will ask for SNEP service on Android 4.x.x and for NPP service on Android 2.3.x on the target.

With this short explanation, you should oriented to understand basics, for further details you should read according specifications.

[1] NDEF: NFC Data Exchange Format
[2] LLCP: Logical Link Control Protocol
[3] SNEP: Simple NDEF Exchange Protocol
[4] NPP: Android NDEF Push Protocol

thank you for your explanation,I've been looking for detail information on nfc forum,and I finally got some information I need.
And there is still some questions I can't understand.

First,what is protocol binding and how does it work,second, second,does android implement the P2P function on the nfc forum architecture totally