Topic: [SOLVED] Two ACR122U devices in P2P mode

Hi,

I have two ACR 122U readers, and I would like to try peer-to-peer communication in them.
My working environment:
Dell Latitude D620 with Ubuntu 10.10(maverick)
pcsc-lite version 1.6.6 with ccid 1.4.1
libnfc-1.4.1

I have been trying to use the nfc-dep-* examples. But, they simply exits with messages "Unable to
connect to NFC device". I went throught the codes and found that "nfc_connect" only returns the "nfc_device_t" pnd handle when there is a tag or card placed on top of the reader.
Is there any way make these device communicate with each other.

I have also tried changing <string>0x0000</string>" value to 0x0001 and 0x0005 in /etc/libccid_info.plist and restarted the deamon.

Could you help me, please?

2 (edited by toyudai 2011-02-02 11:50:40)

Re: [SOLVED] Two ACR122U devices in P2P mode

Hi,

Sorry to start this thread,

Now it is working.

I needed to change <string>0x0000</string>" value to 0x0001 in "/usr/local/lib/pcsc/drivers/ifd-ccid.bundle/Contents/Info.plist" instead of "/etc/libccid_info.plist".

Hi,

toyudai wrote:

I have two ACR 122U readers, and I would like to try peer-to-peer communication in them.

You have to know that ACR122U with libnfc is one of the worst supported devices specially in emulation and P2P.
That problem comes from the blocking state produced by emulation (same as P2P in target mode) command.
The device will not be reacheable if something goes wrong.

toyudai wrote:

pcsc-lite version 1.6.6 with ccid 1.4.1

Thanks a lot for this excellent setup description; BTW could you tell me why you use this pcsc-lite version instead of the packaged one ?

toyudai wrote:

I have been trying to use the nfc-dep-* examples. But, they simply exits with messages "Unable to
connect to NFC device".

As you already know, your problem is not related to P2P but PCSC/CCID.

Romuald Conty

toyudai wrote:

I needed to change <string>0x0000</string>" value to 0x0001 in "/usr/local/lib/pcsc/drivers/ifd-ccid.bundle/Contents/Info.plist" instead of "/etc/libccid_info.plist".

Ok, fine.
The location is different because you have manually installed pcsc and ccid without settings the usual configuration directory.
BTW, thanks a lot: README is now more generic on this point.
http://code.google.com/p/libnfc/source/detail?r=872

Romuald Conty