Topic: Compatibility with Omnikey 5321 devices

Hi everybody,

I'm very new to the libnfc project. I have more a background of javacard development, APDU hacking, proxmark and ISO14443B hacking. I began to learn more about it a couple of days ago, and I think that the fact that you can hack your card reader to make it look like a valid tag is simply wonderful. Bravo to roel and the community for bringing such a nice project.

As I can see from the compatible NFC device list, located at http://www.libnfc.org/documentation/har … atibility, the Omnikey 5321 reader is not yet ready for the software, or does not contain the proper electronic chip to be controlled by libnfc, am I am right?

If it's not compatible, what would you suggest for the best device to use? Are the ACR122 devices any good?

Thanks,

Re: Compatibility with Omnikey 5321 devices

ACR122 works very nicely, e.g. TikiTag/TouchaTag. I've also tested PN531 in the Snapper/Feeder and the PN533 in the SCM SCL3711.

Wonderful, I think I will need to put my hands on a ACR122 kind of device very soon then... The "relay" example is very impressing ... hehehe

rleroy wrote:

Hi everybody,
As I can see from the compatible NFC device list, located at http://www.libnfc.org/documentation/har … atibility, the Omnikey 5321 reader is not yet ready for the software, or does not contain the proper electronic chip to be controlled by libnfc, am I am right?

Yes, you are right: chip in this reader is not PN53x which is the single family chip we support at the moment. But contributions are welcome... We already have done some work to improve libnfc sources organization to allow more drivers to be developped but that's not perfect..

--
Romuald

Romuald Conty

Hi all,

Finally, I just ordered two SCL3711 from txsystems here in North America. They were much cheaper than the ACR122, and also much smaller, which is perfect when doing stealthy operations.

Thanks for your help smile I can't wait to send those APDUs ...