Topic: Samsung S4 unknown APDU and emulated Type4

Hi

Uses Samsung S4 and S4 Mini to read emulated NFC Forum Tag Type 4 tag and the first command (APDU) sent by the phone is 00 B0 00 00 01. ReadBinary expecting a byte in the response, if I'm not wrong. The command will also return after the tag is read.

Anyone know more about the command and what it's for?

Re: Samsung S4 unknown APDU and emulated Type4

Dear Olma,

Did you get any solution for your problem. I'm seeing the same issue.
I have a strange behaviour though, If I add up a delay in sending PDUS to Application, S4 reads the tag. Not sure Why?

Also I came across this thread :-
code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=58773

Anyhow if you know the proper solution to make S4 read emulated tag please let me know.

hi sourabhshyampandit

Sorry for late reply.

Yes and no. I have tested with Raspberry Pi, Adafruit NFC PN532 Breakout Board and libnfc nfc-emulate-forum-tag4.c in original and modified and it works well with S4 Mini (4.2.2). Not tested with S4. Libnfc handles "00 B0 00 00 01" by ignoring it (?).

I'm curious what "00 B0 00 00 01" is intended for. Select file is not sent before. Have not found any explanation.

The thread is interesting but I have not had time to look at it in detail. Seems to be a bug in S4. Have updated S4 Mini today, but "00 B0 00 00 01" is still there.

olma

Olma, did you have any timeout issues with the Rasbperry Pi?  I have it connected as a UART connection, and see timeouts immediately after the first shot when using the nfc-poll (see the post from vito.rallo - search for the word crazy )

Thanks,
Karl

Hi Karl

Sorry for late reply.

Just test (sudo ./nfc-poll) as it is reading a Mifare 1k and it works fine. No timeout what I can see. Just one card is read when testing with several cards(ok?). Use uart and installed according to link "learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-nfc-rfid-on-raspberry-pi".

olma