1 (edited by djolemag 2014-08-19 06:32:12)

Topic: New PN533 USB Stick device, any experience?

Hello everyone,

I recently bought on Ebay device called
"NFC-Reader-Writer-PN533-NFC-USB-Dongle-libNFC-support-Made-by-D-Logic"
for modest price of 39$+Postage. They are also selling some kit with various tags "NFC-Development-Kit-NFC-Reader-Writer-NXP-PN533-USB-Stick-various-tags-set"

Manufacturer is giving no SDK, just pointing to LibNFC support.

However, device works well. Manufacturer claims it is developed under NXP's recommendations. It has small reading distance but I think it is due to small antenna dimensions.
I tried it on Windows 8.1 with LibNFC v1.7.1. I had to use zadig to install LibUSB drivers in order it to work, since Win8.1 does not allow you to use drivers without signature. I know it can be turned off, but this was more convenient way.

I tested it also with MFOC and it works without problems. With ACR 122U I had problems with MFOC so I had to use -force switch to make it work properly (meaning ACR 122).

With this device I didn't used -force switch and it worked okay.

Does anyone has experience with this device?

I had to open it, since it was in small fancy plastic housing smile It has PN533 chip inside. So it should be fully compatible with LibNFC, am I right?

Re: New PN533 USB Stick device, any experience?

Did you find an answer to your question? Also, if you could point me to some windows binaries/tools/resources I'd be very happy - complete newbie with this but have the same usb dongle you have.