Topic: PN532 , Arduino & Nexus S

I`m working on a project where an arduino microcontrollerboard is supposed to be able to recieve simple data from an Nexus S via the PN532 NFC controller. I have been told that the clue is to include the LLC protocol for the android to PN532 communication to work. Anyone have any experience with arduino/NFC interfacing?

Re: PN532 , Arduino & Nexus S

which nfc board do you want to use with the arduino?

Yes, we have interfaced a PN53x to an Arduino.  Amongst other things, so it can be used with an Android tablet.  See this here video: http://youtu.be/Yl-D_JyRcfc

Pete

chrizztopfer wrote:

Anyone have any experience with arduino/NFC interfacing?

I used the Seeedstudio NFC Shield+Arduino Duemilanove and I was able to read NFC tags. The NFC Shield is pretty rudimentary with very limited functionalities. The library is also very limited. From their Wiki, they do not yet support p2p communication with the Nexus S (or any other Android-based NFC-enabled device).

At the moment, I am attempting to enable card emulation on my Nexus S. Then maybe, the NFC Shield would be useful. Other than that, I see no point of having one, if one wants to work with Android and NFC.

That said, the NFC Shield cannot read NDEF messages pushed to it, from an Android app. This is slightly disappointing.

What have you done so far? Please kindly share your experiences.

I will share very soon.