1 (edited by ulysse31 2013-01-01 17:26:23)

Topic: PN532 mifare emulation on an Embedded Device (Atmega)

Hi,

First of all sorry for the disturb, but i have a noob question (well i think it is) about the PN532 emulation.
I am trying to build a mifare emulator device, based on an atmega1280 (arduino) linked to the PN532 via SPI in order to get reed of timing issues in a computer/pn532 via RS232/uart mode.
For now i have a device composed of a SD card reader (storing dumps/config/files), an LCD and a keypad for Human interaction with the device.
This device can for now : dump a mifare card to SD if it knows the keys (using keys stored on a mfd file in SD or default keys), check if 2 tags have the same sector keys (by comparing keys from a tag dump with another tag), and it as a mode that allows the device, plugged via usb to a computer, to be pn532_uart compatible device for libnfc usage ...

I have been reading the PN532 documentation, it says that when we do a tginitastarget, it seems that we specify 3 bytes for the UID (NFCID1t), those 3 bytes will be prepended to a '08' byte (following documentation i have been reading), does this mean we cannot choose the UID we are emulating ?
Strangely, the documentation i read for the nfc-emulate-tag emulates a tag with a UID of 0xDEADBEEF, there is no '08' byte on it ?
If i cannot "directly"/"out of the box" emulate a mifare tag with a complete chosen UID, may i search on turning off all PN532 RFID automations in order to do everything softwarely, in order to be able the answer the UID that i want to ?
or, may i need to search for using the SMX feature of the PN532 (SmartMX card wiring) to get the possibility of emulating the mifare UID (and data on this case also) ?
I am pretty sure that it may be a silly question with a silly answer, the thing is that i am working on this since some weeks, and i may be starting to get a bit tired, and may don't see the answers that are right in front of my nose ... ^^'
If someone that as some experience on tag emulation, that can answer one or more of my questions, it would really help.
I don't know if i was enough clear on my description, so if there is something unclear, just ask, i'll would try to clarify it the best that i can.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

--
Ulysse31

Re: PN532 mifare emulation on an Embedded Device (Atmega)

Hi again,

Just to tell that i have found some clarifications to my problem myself : confused nfc-emulate-tag and nfc-emulate-uid ^^
I'm reading up nfc-emulate-uid to see how it works ... (RTFM tongue)

Regards,

--
Ulysse31