Topic: 14443A, read/write to memory

Hi,
I'm new to libnfc. so please bear with me.

how do i read and write to a simple 14443 tag. Note it's not mifare or other type of tag, it's a plain 14443A.

just want to write a 64 byte, and read multiple of 128 bytes.

Thanks in advance !

-Kunal

Re: 14443A, read/write to memory

Hello,

kunal wrote:

I'm new to libnfc. so please bear with me.

First, you should have some knowledge about how smart-card (with contact) works because actual contact-less tags could be consider as a merge between smart-cards (with contact) and RFID.

kunal wrote:

how do i read and write to a simple 14443 tag.

Libnfc have an API to drive the NFC devices, this one is available (with an example) here : http://www.libnfc.org/api/

kunal wrote:

Note it's not mifare or other type of tag, it's a plain 14443A.

Do you have any links to technical descriptions or to reseller site ? Because AFAIK, "plain 14443A tag" doesn't exist under this name...
BTW, I think you may have seen this term on a NFCForum enabled device which consider tags that are not NFCForum compiliant as "Plain ISO14443 A tag"

kunal wrote:

If your tag is not MIFARE, you have to know what are the supported commands of your tag, some follow standards, some use their own commands set..
But, with libnfc, you will have to:
- Grab your NFC device (nfc_list_devices, nfc_connect)
- Initialise NFC device as an initiator (nfc_initiator_init)
- Select the tag (nfc_initiator_select_passive_target)
- Send command to the tag and receiver the reply (nfc_initiator_transceive_bytes)

I hope it helps

Romuald Conty

rconty wrote:
kunal wrote:

how do i read and write to a simple 14443 tag.

Libnfc have an API to drive the NFC devices, this one is available (with an example) here : http://www.libnfc.org/api/

sorry, i stand corrected, it ISO14443-2, Type A
more specifically, frame communication formats follow ISO14443 Part 2 and 3, Type A.

rconty wrote:

BTW, I think you may have seen this term on a NFCForum enabled device which consider tags that are not NFCForum compiliant as "Plain ISO14443 A tag"

I guess, they are not NFCForum compliant.

rconty wrote:
kunal wrote:

If your tag is not MIFARE, you have to know what are the supported commands of your tag, some follow standards, some use their own commands set..
But, with libnfc, you will have to:
- Grab your NFC device (nfc_list_devices, nfc_connect)
- Initialise NFC device as an initiator (nfc_initiator_init)
- Select the tag (nfc_initiator_select_passive_target)
- Send command to the tag and receiver the reply (nfc_initiator_transceive_bytes)

so if i understand correctly i could read a block (512 bits) with nfc_initiator_transceive_bytes ??

rconty wrote:

I hope it helps

Yes it does, thanks !

I can recommend the easy way to read and write RFID Tag in ASCII or HEX (even linear read and write) is this http://www.d-logic.net/en/ais-time-access-control/ufr You can download the software and see which one is right for you.