Topic: Mifare Emulation - Clarification?

Ok, it's said that mifare emulation can't be done with a usb NFC reader due to timeing issues, what that actually causes these timing issues?

Secondly, if thats the case, does anyone know if emulation could occur through a serial interfaced to an NFC chipset instead?

Also, a side question, does anyone know somewhere that sells PN53x chips in realtively low quanities? DigiKey seems to only sell them in the hundreds, so not really very helpful for this kind of thing.

Thanks to any and al replies smile

2 (edited by rconty 2010-08-19 11:49:28)

Re: Mifare Emulation - Clarification?

Sly wrote:

Ok, it's said that mifare emulation can't be done with a usb NFC reader due to timeing issues, what that actually causes these timing issues?

No, that's not said that Mifare emulation can't be done with NFC usb reader...
Timing issues occurs on ACR122 or derivated (e.g. Touchatag) due to PC/SC and internal MCU passthrough.

Sly wrote:

Secondly, if thats the case, does anyone know if emulation could occur through a serial interfaced to an NFC chipset instead?

Personnally never tested but I should work fine.

Sly wrote:

Also, a side question, does anyone know somewhere that sells PN53x chips in realtively low quanities? DigiKey seems to only sell them in the hundreds, so not really very helpful for this kind of thing.

I already read some reference in this forum but I can't find the post I'm looking for..

EDIT: Found! http://www.libnfc.org/community/topic/1 … onductors/

Romuald Conty

3 (edited by opvgg 2012-02-01 02:23:16)

Re: Mifare Emulation - Clarification?

Thank you for this article. That’s all I can say.

Service on 24/7/365,wow gold.