Topic: ACR122U/T and nfc_connect

Hello! I'm new to libnfc, so first of all thanks to the libnfc-team for all the work!

I work on card emulation using ACR122U/T 2.07 as target and a Nokia 6131 NFC as initiator.

I already successfully run the nfc-emulate-forum-tag4 (1.4.2) with this two (three) devices  under Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

But there is one problem I have which is, that the nfc-connect throws the following error-message when there is no SmartCard (I use a Mifare 1k card) on the reader during nfc-connect.

lt-nfc-emulate-forum-tag4: ERROR: No ACR122 firmware received, Error: 80100016
lt-nfc-emulate-forum-tag4: ERROR: Unable to connect to NFC device

If there is a SmartCard the tag emulation runs successfully.

Does anyone know, how to fix this problem?

Re: ACR122U/T and nfc_connect

Hello,

Thanks for your interest smile

About your problem, please read the "Troubleshooting" section from README file.
http://code.google.com/p/libnfc/source/ … unk/README

Good luck, doing NFC with an ACR122 is a real headache.

Romuald Conty

3 (edited by GruGue 2011-09-26 08:56:45)

Hi!

Thanks, now it works without the card!
I think this information would be also useful at the libnfc.org/documentation/installation page.

I tried the nfc-emulate-forum-tag4 (1.4.2) with an SCL3711 and this didn't work because of the timing issues I think, as you explaned in the other topic.

With the ACR122U it works quite good (with the Nokia phone).

Which one of the nfc desktop reader would you choose, or would be the best for card emulation?

One more question:
I tried to make the NDEF-file content dynamic to use the example with program execution parameter, i wrote some function that build from, i.e. "libnfc.org" a character array with exactly the same NDEF-structer below, but while emulation the phone (Nokia 6131 NFC) says "tag unusable".

179: //Receiving data: 00  b0  00  02  21
180: //= Read remaining of NDEF file
181: send_bytes((const byte_t*)"\xd1\x02\x1c\x53\x70\x91\x01\x09\x54\x02\x65\x6e\x4c\x69\x62\x6e\x66\x63\x51\x01\x0b\x55\x03\x6c\x69\x62\x6e\x66\x63\x2e\x6f\x72\x67\x90\x00",35);

I also manipulated the previous part, where NDEF length is sent.

In general, is it possible to make the NDEF message content dynamic?
Or is there too much delay between host and nfc-controler, which I wouldn't understand, because the char-array is prepared before all the nfc-functions are called.

Hello,

GruGue wrote:

Thanks, now it works without the card!

Great!

GruGue wrote:

I think this information would be also useful at the libnfc.org/documentation/installation page.

README should be enough, if users take care about it wink

GruGue wrote:

I tried the nfc-emulate-forum-tag4 (1.4.2) with an SCL3711 and this didn't work because of the timing issues I think, as you explaned in the other topic.

Right, under SCL3711 and other PN533-equipped (and PN531-equipped) devices, the internal hardware assistance is not available,

GruGue wrote:

With the ACR122U it works quite good (with the Nokia phone).

BTW, with the ACR122U, we could not cancel the emulation.

GruGue wrote:

Which one of the nfc desktop reader would you choose, or would be the best for card emulation?

Unfortunately, there is no nice desktop reader to act as target. ATM, the best ISO/IEC14443-4  emulation can be done by a PN532 breakout board like microbuilder.eu (sell by adafruit) but there is no case and may need a USB->UART converter.

GruGue wrote:

One more question:
I tried to make the NDEF-file content dynamic to use the example with program execution parameter, i wrote some function that build from, i.e. "libnfc.org" a character array with exactly the same NDEF-structer below, but while emulation the phone (Nokia 6131 NFC) says "tag unusable".

You should use the "unstable" release 1.5.0 to emulate a tag using this example, many improvements have been done. ie. it now emulates a real NFC-Forum tag type4 instead of replaying a know scenario.
A dynamic NDEF file could now be loaded by using command line parameter.

I hope it helps.

Romuald Conty

of course, it helps!
thx!

Hi

I'm planning to buy the acr122u reader to work in a project to interchange information peer-to-peer with phones

I'm a experimented developer in java and php but really new to nfc, so, before buy the reader

what i have to do to get this reader working on linux and where i cand find some code examples.

In many sites were the reader is sold it say that cames without any software, in the website of manufacturer is available pc/sc driver for linux but no sdk or examples

so i really appreciate your help and orientation

Please read this topic:
http://www.libnfc.org/community/topic/5 … th-libnfc/

To understand more about NFC, you should read "White papers" and technical specifications from NFC Forum, that's the main information source about NFC standards.

Romuald Conty